• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • 0- 10,000rpm shaft to shaft connection ideas

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by Brian Land, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Brian Land

Brian Land New Member

Hey Guys,
      I'm designing a transaxle lab test stand that has an input motor setup with multiple gear box selection to achieve a diverse torque and rpm range for testing. Problem is that the input shaft on the transaxle unit is parallel with its output shaft and room restrictions won't allow me a straight coupling to the input. I need a connection to go from the input over to the output on my input assembly. A chain and sprocket connection would be a great way to do this except for the fact that it won't hold up to a max test run of 10,000rpm. I need a connection that will be able to handle max low speed torques of 484NM and low torque high speeds of 10,000rpm.. Anybody have any suggestions? Once you get over 5,000rpm it begins to get tough to find off the shelf components.
      thanks,
      Brian

3. CPPMable

CPPMable Well-Known Member

Hmmm... I think a bigger room would be a good idea!!! Ok maybe not practical but possibly easier since you are right 10000RPM is high for most systems.

If you were to stack or put side by side what would be the min linear axle-to-axle distance?

4. Jitesh Nair

Jitesh Nair Member

Why not use a intermediate gearbox with 1:1 gear ratio for connecting the parallel shafts of your motor and main gearbox? Gears are best for handling torques and speeds at this range.

5. Brian Land

Brian Land New Member