• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • 1st Aug 2012: We're 3 years old, clutch lever ratio, mech engineers with a PE & more!

Discussion in 'Newsletters' started by GarethW, Aug 1, 2012.

1. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

[​IMG]
      Facebook
      [​IMG]
      LinkedIn
      [​IMG]
      Twitter

Dear Members,

Hot topics etc below, but I just want to quickly mention that the Mechanical Design Forum is now 3 years old. It really doesn't feel like that long since it was started.

Here are a few screenshots of how the site has developed over the last three years.

To get MDF to where it currently is has taken an enormous amount of work. It is great to see we now have many members and lots of discussion and activity going on. It's also particularly rewarding whenever I post and receive lots of help with my own problems, which is the reason I started it off in the first place!

Here's to many more years of MDF, and thanks to everyone who've helped make it what it is.

Best regards,
      Gareth

Hot topics
      [​IMG] Aluminum 6061 Stress calculation.
      I have designed a dovetail clamp. We machined it out of aluminum 6061 and tested it. While we were pleased with its clamping ability, the dovetail rail shown in the attached image developed these strange stress marks. The dimensions of the part have not.....
      [​IMG]Mechanical Engineers with a PE
      Question for engineers with a degree in mechanical engineering: I have a degree in mechanical engineering and work as a design engineer with mostly mechanical systems. I passed my FE/EI exam. My question is does having your PE certification open a lot of doors for mechanical engineers? I know having your PE is critical for civil.....
      [​IMG]Truck Hydraulic Mobile Crane
      i wanna design that writing the title and Do u have any project ,calculation and drawing about it,if u help me,i will be happy.....
      [​IMG]pump
      i have a question need to help,i want to handle mixed (liquid (oil, water....)and gas) from platform to platform, so can i used piston pump or centrifugal pump or screw pump?.....
      [​IMG]dimension relationships
      I'm new to SW (just started on 2010). i am trying to find out how you make one dimension dependant on another.In Inventor its just =d1*2 in the dimension box which means that if you change the dimension d1 the d2 dimension changes automatically......
      Click here for more hot topics
      Unanswered questions
      [​IMG]Calculation of clutch lever ratio
      I recently got an opportunity to work on a clutch assembly. The clutch is an old model one which has six helical springs that keep pressing the pressure plate, clutch plate and engine flywheel against each other. The cross section is:
      [​IMG]Tips to design gear pair with low vibration and noise
      I am a mechanical design engineer and mostly involve in gear design (spur and helical). So far I have designed gears for better strength and life characteristics. I never tried to work on their noise and vibration part. Can somebody explain me the parameters.....
      [​IMG] Making fuel from emission
      Turning polluting emissions into liquid fuel seems rather improbable, doesn't it? Plz go on the link to find an answer to it..
      I have developed a technology that can support the future like a concrete pillar.. please go to this NASA website.....
      Click here for more unanswered questions