• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • 2 Questions - stepper motor + controller/driver manufacturers? & flatbelt pulleys

Discussion in 'Manufacturers of mechanical parts' started by biggoron, Jun 29, 2015.

1. biggoron

biggoron New Member

Hello,

I am looking at purchasing a stepper motor and flatbelt pulley for a low RPM application, and am wondering what options there are for stepper motor + driver + controller integrated purchases. I have looked at McMaster and SDP-SI.com so far.

Additionally, the only integrated stepper +driver + controller option on McMaster has a 0.2" shaft (NEMA size 17). I have been unable to find a pulley to purchase with a corresponding borehole size. I could just lathe a smaller borehole into the proper 0.2" size but would prefer a simpler solution with an appropriate borehole size purchase. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

3. CPPMable

CPPMable Well-Known Member

There are lots of options out there. I have use motion control products before. Just be very careful when looking at these I have seen some that the controller is hard coded to the motor somehow. If the controller or motor break you need to replace the entire system (expensive generally). I almost always now buy the individual components since it is so easy to setup and have more options.