• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • 21st June 2012: Electromagnetism, SW or Catia, camera zoom mechanics ...& more

Discussion in 'Newsletters' started by GarethW, Jun 21, 2012.

1. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

Jul 2009
      Hot topics
      [​IMG]SolidWorks or Catia
      I am totally new to CAD softwares. I am going start learn CAD very soon and wanted to ask you guys which CAD software shall I start learning from, or which is better to learn and would be better for my future engineering careers.....
      [​IMG]Upgrading from 2010 to 2012...what am I in for?
      Curious to know how different the new version is from 2010. I am upgrading in a week or so.....
      [​IMG]Pro E wildfire 3 Surface modelling
      I am Umang dave. I work with Alstom, a french MNC. I am looking for in-depth surface modelling techniques.....
      [​IMG]torque by manual rotation
      Can anybody tell me please that if a human rotates some thing for example gear manually (by his hand), how high torque can it apply manually. i.e., what proportion of his weight or any thing else?
      [​IMG]zoom mechanism in camera
      I am studying about zoom cameras nowadays. But i want the opinion of anyone expert in this field or working in this field regarding the suitable mechanism used for providing.....
      [​IMG]Animate explode speed - TOO FAST!
      Even when I play it at 1/2 speed it's still WAY too fast to see what the hell's actually going on (4 seconds).Anyone know how to slow it down to sensible proportions?
      [​IMG]Semi Circle Reciprocating Motion Question
      I want to use a hydraulic cylinder to to rotate a shaft. This is a very slow speed motion. One end of the cylinder will be pinned to a fixed part of the structure.....
      Click here for more hot topics
      Unanswered questions
      Anyone here have an equation to predict the forces given by an electrotromagnet on an object based on wire size current and coil diameter? I want to replace a mechanical lever system and think this maybe a useful.....
      [​IMG]modelling spur gear in pro e by simple method
      I want to model spur gear with involute teeth profile in Pro E wildfire 3 and i cannot do this. I searched on net and got few tutorials but they do not work.....
      [​IMG]CSA certification for foreign machinery
      I am seeking help mainly from Canadian engineers. I am developing a process that will operate in Montreal, Canada and that will feature offshore technology. Some plasma units (used to pulverize metal to a fine powder) and a few classifiers (fine centrifugal filtering process) will be.....
      [​IMG]does anybody else do this hobby?
      Hi im working on a security and privacy enhancing project which modifies programs and technology. Some of the security measures are practically 100% anonymous internet access, custom network setups thatre more secure , hidden vaults safes.....
      [​IMG]Impulse with pendulum.
      I have question about Impulse with pendulum.
      Alpha (α)= ø ( Angular Velocity )
      Angular Acceleration α ̊= - (B/ml2)* α – (g/l) sin (θ)= f(t, θ, α)
      B – damping co- efficient.....
      Click here for more unanswered questions