• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • 24th Dec 2011: A Christmas card (& fun stuff) from the Mechanical Design Forum

Discussion in 'Newsletters' started by GarethW, Dec 24, 2011.

1. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

Dear Members,

This is just a quick note to wish you all compliments of the season and all the best for 2012. I hope you enjoy the Christmas card below. It's good to see that Santa uses quality CAD software to design his prezzies :D

Below the card is a roundup of some of the more light hearted discussions we've had in 2011 - just the fun stuff - nothing too technical for Christmas Eve! Just in case anyone wants something more serious, here's something about gears ;).

All the best,
      Gareth

[​IMG]

2011 Fun threads
      season greetings
      Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced with
      the most enjoyable traditions of religious persuasion.....

Making stairs fun...
      Brilliant and inspired :lol: all stairs should be made fun, not just like this but other things too. sorry to hyjack your thread but maybe we could all come up with other ideas......

POLL: Google and driverless cars. Would you get in one?
      johnny-cab.jpg
      Article in Whatcar? LINK Basically Google have the tech, and are pushing for them to be legalised on public roads so they can be tested properly......

"Zombie-proof" house
      safe03.jpg
      Came across this earlier. It's called a "Safe House" by the architects, but has been dubbed the "Zombie-proof house" on the web. More details here, and some pics are included below....

'Hypersonic' jet: Paris to Tokyo in 2 and a half hours
      Don't get too excited about booking seats - if it's actually viable the 5029 km/h jet won't be commercially flying until 2050. Maybe we'll have teleport before then :? Here's a link to the article in the Telegraph

James Dyson's not happy with the Chinese
      "Sir James Dyson is not a fan of China’s copycat firms" Read more.......

Fake Apple stores in China.

_54193420_fakeapplestore,birdabroad.jpg
      An American blogger has discovered three fake Apple stores operating in Kunming city, China. Read more When I was working in Suzhou, China in Jan '11 some colleagues and I went into an Apple store around the corner from the hotel. We concluded that it was most likely to be genuine......

How to make friends with people of other cultures

Here is topic not about technology ,but interesting, Every one needs friend and need to make friends with others, especially when you are in different countries ,different cultures......

My Blackberry Is Not Working! - The One Ronnie
      Ronnie Corbett and Harry Enfield star in this fruity sketch from The One Ronnie, written by Dawson Bros.

Device for scooping gunk without leaving anything behind!
      SWILT.jpg
      Developed in Japan. Pretty amazing! Check out the video below. More info can be found here.

iPhone owners haven't got any money
      Here's some high-quality journalism from the Dail Mail for you. Apparently iPhone users look rich but are "usually poor" :roll: Link: Keeping up app-earances: One in five iPhone owners 'is constantly overdrawn'

3. Peter Dow

Peter Dow Well-Known Member

GarethW has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further me

I thought this topic would come in handy for those times when Gareth's PM inbox is full up and so members can't send him a PM.

Thank you Gareth and Merry Christmas to you too. :D

4. GarethW

5. GarethW

Now that's annoying. I need to find a way of getting notifications to go out when it's 80 or 90% full - not when it's 100% full!!!! That's a job to add to my list over the Christmas hols :)