• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • 25mm chain gun

Discussion in 'Your mechanical design work' started by armored cortex, Oct 19, 2014.

1. armored cortex

armored cortex Member

Hello,

My name is Carlos and Im new to this forum. I am a self taught 3d designer with aspirations to work in the defense industry. I am currently working on building a prototype of a remote weapon station. Im currently working on making cad models of the guns that the rws will use, and will move onto the rws frame once the guns are complete.

[​IMG]

3. K.I.S.S.

K.I.S.S. Well-Known Member

I hope you've got a license for that... ? Otherwise, if you're making a prototype of it, and you've just told the world, some serious (and heavily armed) people will be knocking on your door very loudly, and very soon...:eek:

4. armored cortex

armored cortex Member

I dont think there is any danger with a cad model. I plan on going through all of the proper channels before I have any components manufactured.

5. armored cortex

armored cortex Member

Here are a few more renders and some other models.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. morrison

morrison New Member

Surely it is not illegal to build models of weapons. Or would it also be illegal to draw a weapon then? Anyway good models, however what are you trying to accomplish with these?

7. K.I.S.S.

K.I.S.S. Well-Known Member

If you read the original posters comment, he mentions that he is 'building a prototype' - a prototype is a working physical model.... He only later mentions the CAD models.
      And you'd be surprised - if you're a 'person of interest' to the security agencies of some countries, there might well be a law against it...

8. robertjeffery

robertjeffery Active Member

Nice CAD models, i hope i can suggest one thing,,,, without coming across as a pain.

your models include a lot of complex components which require big numbers of production to justify the tooling required.
      a good example is the stand on the second gun, is that a solid ingot machined to that shape, sand casting aluminium, forged? something like that component could be a laser cut profile from mild steel, add a couple bends to give it the channel shape. weld a few bushes on for the pivot points and then electro plate it for a lovely finish. it can still look really well finished and professional with out any tooling.