• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • 27th May 2012: Thermal articles, MDF apps, corrosion, a new forum feature ....& more!

Discussion in 'Newsletters' started by GarethW, May 27, 2012.

1. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

Jul 2009

Here's a digest of the latest forum activity for you. We've recently had a thermal article bonanza (links at the bottom) I hope you enjoy them.

This weekend we upgraded the forum software and I would like to draw your attention to a really excellent new feature - the "Activity Stream". Basically you just click the "What's New?" button at the top of this page and you'll see exactly what I mean. This feature makes it MUCH easier to find the latest forum activity, presents everything in a much more logical way and allows you to filter the results.

Finally, did I mention that we now have FREE iPhone & Android apps for this site? I'm sure I didn't. Oh, well I might have mentioned it once or twice. Click here for more info.

Hot topics
      [​IMG]Brass and aluminium plates, stainless steel screws = CORROSION?
      I have designed some equipment that must be exposed to the UK weather for a year or two (typically miserable, cold and damp 99.9% of the time, then ridiculously blasting hot of the other 0.1%). I have concerns about galvanic corrosion.....
      [​IMG]Poll: What does your company look for most in an entry level engineer?
      1. High GPA, 2. Experience (Internships, Extracurricular Engineering Activities, etc.), 3. Something Else.....
      [​IMG]FEA software for seal modelling
      I am looking to produce a structural model for a fuel cell stack. I would like to look at the load distribution throughout the assembly and at the seal deformation and stress. Does anyone have any experience of modeling something similar? It could be heat exchangers or anything with multiple layers of seals.....
      [​IMG]How do you choose your materials & manufacturing processes?
      What method do you use to select a material or manufacturing process (or both) when you're designing something totally new? It's easy to stick with what you already know, but there are so many manufacturing processes and engineering materials.....
      [​IMG]Advice for Engineering Students
      My advice, after almost 10 years of collage education and having applied for multiple positions for both internships and jobs at all degree levels, is NOT to strive for a high GPA. Instead, focus that extra effort on joining extracurricular.....
      Click here for more hot topics
      Unanswered questions
      [​IMG]Why companies prefer to show their apps on mobile?
      I first heard AutoCAD’s WS, then some other apps sprung up like mushrooms. Boeing even brought its nine decades of aviation innovation to iPad. Siemens is developing its app on mobile. Upgraded MC from GstarCAD was released, just name few.....
      [​IMG]Architectural Integration of solar energy - Help out by taking this survey
      You are kindly invited to participate in a research study for a PhD degree in architecture by completing this questionnaire survey. The study investigates the architectural integration and environmental benefits of transpired solar thermal in building......
      [​IMG]Any reviews on MITcalc software? Good/bad?
      My VP of Engineering has asked me to look into the MITcalc software to aid us in shaft design calculations. Does anyone have any experience with this software? All information is greatly appreciated......
      [​IMG]how to make an actual crane in matlab
      The project involves control design and implementation for a suspended object. A moving cart is attached to a motor to move a simple pendulum (see Fig. 1). The relevant system parameters are given below......
      Click here for more unanswered questions
      Latest articles
      iPhone & Android apps now available FREE!
      Great news! We are delighted to announce that our FREE apps are now available for iPhone, iPad and Android mobile devices.....
      Natural Convection and Inclined Parallel Plates
      Natural convection has been used to cool electronics for ages. It is a simple and reliable method. The big drawback, of coarse, is that the cooling capacity is limited......
      The thermal interface problem
      A few years ago solving an interface problem was just a matter of applying thermal grease. Things are much more complicated today. Not at least because the heat fluxes are increasing. The large.....
      Front-end Thermal Design
      The thermal design has from its early days and forward focused on the calculation accuracy problem. Great progresses have been made. The best methods nowadays have a quality beyond what is needed
      Getting Started with 3D Printing
      Here is a description of my recent experiences building a 3D printer and getting it up and running, for those that might be interested in this technology......
      Click here for more articles