• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • A mechanical design, designed to stimulate thought.

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by Justcurioustwo, May 11, 2021.

1. Justcurioustwo

Justcurioustwo Well-Known Member

You are missing one point that I think is the point.

If you are looking for a high torque force to achieve your needs this machine provides that torque. It is that simple.
      In physics and mechanics, torque is the rotational equivalent of linear force.[1] It is also referred to as the moment, moment of force, rotational force or turning effect, depending on the field of study. The concept originated with the studies by Archimedes of the usage of levers. Just as a linear force is a push or a pull, a torque can be thought of as a twist to an object around a specific axis.
      [​IMG]

:)-

3. s.weinberg

s.weinberg Well-Known Member EngineeringClicks Expert

Assuming you have a pump to compress air, and get it down to where you need it to fill your balloons at the bottom, this machine should certainly generate some torque, 'high' being relative, of course.

I imagine there are far simpler ways to generate far more torque, but I can't say that it couldn't work, if generating a torque is your goal.

4. Justcurioustwo

I believe geothermal vents spew out a lot of compressed gases

Just maybe, just maybe we could get these gases we need here.

The challenge would be getting these gases from such depths. One possibility is a cylindrical tube about fifty (50) feet in diameter long enough to reach down to these depths. In practice the number of tubs could be in the thousands.

Just a thought

Geothermal vents.jpg

5. s.weinberg

As far as geothermal vents, the more obvious approach would be to attempt to harness the thermal energy - and idea that seems to have garnered some interest - at least academically

6. Justcurioustwo

To take advantage of the extreme hot seawater you would need to make contact with cooler water. The change from heat to cold could possibly create an electric current. Just inches from those geyser's the water is near freezing. Having said that, I still believe there are compressed gasses that will expand with reduced pressure.

I’m open to any ideas; we need them all.

7. Justcurioustwo

JPG-seaengine.jpg A mechanical design, designed to stimulate thought.

If you were to analyze the mechanics of the attached drawing what aspect or mechanical component would you analyze first?

Please add why.

Attached Files:

8. s.weinberg

All I see in the image is a couple of pulleys, some kind of cable, what I know are intended to be balloons, and sea water.
      I'd probably start with the missing stuff - how energy/air gets into the system, and what you plan on doing with this strange balloon/pulley thing - is there an output of some kind? It's not obvious what the purpose is supposed to be (even to me, after all these posts).