• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • A mechanical design, designed to stimulate thought.

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by Justcurioustwo, May 11, 2021.

1. s.weinberg

s.weinberg Well-Known Member EngineeringClicks Expert

Cars have this neat thing called fuel they burn to produce work. They run out, and then need more fuel put in.
      It's pretty mindblowing stuff.

EDIT: It doesn't really need saying, but in case: a car will always output total work equivalent to less than the amount of energy embedded in the fuel by the time the fuel is fully expended.

It has been explained numerous times why this won't work. Your refusal to accept basic physics doesn't negate that.

The numbers don't say anything about input, and very little about output. My previous statement stands with no modification

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    3. Justcurioustwo

Justcurioustwo Well-Known Member

The numbers show the input and output.
      I am still waiting for you or anyone to point put why it does not work.
      s.weinberg, why does it not work?
      Please be specific, generalities just doesn’t cut it.

:)-

Attached Files:

4. Justcurioustwo

Justcurioustwo Well-Known Member

5. s.weinberg

s.weinberg Well-Known Member EngineeringClicks Expert

There is literally nothing in your little schematic about either input or output. Like several other terms in this conversation, I'm beginning to suspect that you don't actually know what they mean.

The bits of specifics about why you think this should work have been disproven in detail. There have also been general explanations as to why the concept is flawed from inception.
      Both have been done probably a dozen times by now. I don't hold hope that doing it again will yield any positive result, so I'll just refer you back to the numerous pages already doing this.