• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Aallooo from .... Earth !

Discussion in 'Pop in and say hello!' started by msaifshahzad, Mar 20, 2012.

1. msaifshahzad

msaifshahzad Member

Hey,

I'm a Mechanical Engineer - Oil & Gas Field...

I'm working in Gulf region....
      thats about it .

hope to get to know u ppl & new things here ...

B'bye ...

Saif :)

3. Susan at Rentapen

Susan at Rentapen Member

Allooo back to you in the Gulf, Msaifshahzad. I am in Wisconsin... 2 hours north of Chicago. Rentapen specializes in Weld Fixtures. What exactly is it you do?

When I read your post, I imagined you were on an oil platform with a hard hat...

Susan Straley
      Queen of Lean Machine Design

4. msaifshahzad

msaifshahzad Member

Hey Susan,

How are you ? I am a Mechancial Design Engineer, being said that, my work is related to the design of Mechanical equipments for Refineries, Fertilizer plants, etc... I usually design and now mosty supervise the contractors for equipment design, procurement and delivery. Equipments like Pressure vessels, Rotating and package equipments...

Design related engineers rarely go to site. I have an experience of hard hat at an onshore platform, but thats not where I normally wrok or mostly required ...

So this was my area of work .... Weld fixtures, what is your role in this field ?

see you around.

Saif
      (I'll think of sumthing...) :)

5. Susan at Rentapen

Susan at Rentapen Member

Saif,

My roll in the field of Weld Fixtures is... I am the Queen at Rentapen Inc. Rentapen has been designing production machinery for 35 years and now specializes in weld fixtures.

As President I do several things. I over see the financial decisions, direct the marketing and sales efforts, do CAD drafting when it is needed of me, and help recruit and motivate team members.

And through my blog on weld fixture design I help teach the next generation of weld fixture designers about what we have learned over the years. Here's a link to my first one. http://www.rentapen.com/2011/10/seven-tips-for-lean-and-efficient-weld-fixture-design/

Thanks for asking. You design similar equipment to what we have done in the past during our 35 years in business. Mostly we have done weld fixtures, though. So we have decided to better help manufacturers we would focus on what we are best at.

6. khush

khush New Member

7. msaifshahzad

msaifshahzad Member

Susan,

Good to know your role.... Its always good to share knowledge.

8. msaifshahzad

msaifshahzad Member

Yes, its a form of Hello ! :p