• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Abbreviations for fasteners

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by mvalenti, Dec 11, 2012.

1. mvalenti

mvalenti Well-Known Member

Trying to get from tribal knowledge to actually formalizing a document on abbreviation conventions for fasteners... (this goes hand in hand with my post on part numbering... etc...
      such as....

BHCS--Button Head Cap Screw
      SHCS--Socket Head Cap Screw

if anyone can point me in the direction for a listing that would be helpful.

3. thomas1964

thomas1964 New Member

http://www.all-acronyms.com/
      try this sight it has some

4. Kris

Kris Member

Good idea, but I will do it only for the main ones, like Cap screws, pan head screws and counter sunk screws. It might pay to assign a particular letter for each feature and having a particular sequence they are listed.

5. maze03079

maze03079 New Member

You might want to look at Genium Publishing ... this is a huge book of drafting/engineering standards that should be pretty helpful. Or you may want to look at ASME Y14.38 Abbreviations & Acronyms.

6. telecomguy

telecomguy Member