• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Aluminium stamping

Discussion in 'Sheet metal' started by Ranger, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Hi,

I work for a stamping plant where we produce large automotive panels and have been tasked with investigating the posibility of us starting to stamp aluminium body panels. I am looking for information regarding this, what to look for when stamping alu., how it behaves when drawn etc. I know it can be very corrosive on tooling and therefore lubrication is very important. Can anyone point me in the right direction, maybe a book I can purchase or a website that could help or perhaps some of you have experience in aluminium stampings?

Thanks in advance.

R

3. deepat

deepat Member

Many controlling factors contribute to the success of an aluminum stamping, and many of those factors are controlled to a great degree by the mechanical properties of the aluminum sheet. Keep these two basic things in mind when you are working with aluminum -- stretch distribution and compression.

For more info on this read this : http://www.thefabricator.com/article/to ... s-it-looks