• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • An idea for Student Project.

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by Prashant BR, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Prashant BR

Prashant BR Member

I am studying final year mechanical engineering. I need to do a project. So please give me ideas regarding innovative products.

3. Lochnagar

Lochnagar Well-Known Member

I would approach the issue you have raised slightly differently. Ask yourself what it was that persuaded you to study engineering in the first place, and what you wanted to do in engineering when you graduate. Also think about what areas of engineering you have enjoyed, and what areas you are good at in engineering.

So for example there is no point in doing a project with a thermodynamics bias - if you are no good at thermodynamics - AND you have no intention of getting a job that involves thermodynamics.

Ideally, you want to do a project in a subject that you are good at - AND that you want to pursue a career in that general field. If you do this, then you will having a project that you can sell to your future employer - and help you to get a job. You really need to be looking at things from this prospective at this stage of your studies.

Once you have made up your mind on the above issue I have discussed - you should discuss further with your engineering course leader - who should be able to point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps.

4. Prashant BR

Prashant BR Member

It's really helpful. Thank you