• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • ansys programming language

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by vishwas12982, Apr 28, 2013.

1. vishwas12982

vishwas12982 Member

Hello, can anyone help me with learning ansys programming language. I am new to the software and I know the basics of using graphical interface. :).

3. CPPMable

CPPMable Well-Known Member

Are you using classical ANSYS or workbench? What version of the software package. What type of programming language are you looking to write your own application beyond the solvers they have already? Give us some ideas of what your are looking to solve.

4. vishwas12982

vishwas12982 Member

Hello cppmable,
      I am using ansys 12 workbench. I don't know the if there are different programming languages in ansys I just want to strt with a simple language. I was trying to solve vortex induced vibration problem. So before I strt with the actual Project I am thinking doing programming for simple projects like compression analysis on shaft.'

5. CPPMable

CPPMable Well-Known Member

You don't need to know programming language to solve this problem. I believe you can solve it in ANSYS CFX or Fluent in a transient state. You are looking for the time dependent force induced by eddies from flow around a body?

6. vishwas12982

vishwas12982 Member

Hi cppmble,

I know that we can solve this problem by fluent or cfx.. but one of my professor told me that learning the programming language can be helpful.. so trying to learn it