• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Apr 29th 2012: Chain & sprocket calc, mechanical flip-flip, what is SPGO? ....& more

Discussion in 'Newsletters' started by GarethW, Apr 29, 2012.

1. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

Jul 2009
      Hot topics
      [​IMG]How do you choose your materials & manufacturing processes? What method do you use to select a material or manufacturing process (or both) when you're designing something totally new?
      [​IMG]What is SPGO? I ran into a kind of seal with name SPGO which is used on hydraulic piston today while I couldn't find what's the meaning of "SPGO". Is anyone here can explain these letters for me?
      [​IMG]SolidWorks: Upgrading from 2010 to 2012...what am I in for? Curious to know how different the new version is from 2010. I am upgrading in a week or so.
      [​IMG]Roller chain and sprocket calculation for bicycle Can anybody assist me or direct me in possible calculations for roller chain and sprocket for bicycle
      [​IMG]Mechanical Flip Flop , I would like some examples? I have on occasion needed to use a mechanical device grab and release something with a simple push.
      Click here for more hot topics
      Unanswered questions
      [​IMG]mechanical natural frequency determination, a doubt
      Calculating mechanical natural frequencies of a structure, (e.g. reciprocating compressor) by a finite element software, I think I have to bring the moving parts and process forces out of....
      [​IMG]The Difficulties of Finding Entry Level Jobs in the USA
      I've applied for entry level jobs at both the Bachelors and Masters levels with no success (note I have a 3.9 GPA from a top university). Any job postings I find for supposedly "entry......
      [​IMG]Hello from an early career engineer
      I am a graduate student at the University of California, Davis, getting a Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering (I also have a B.S. and M.S. in Mechanical Engineering). Despite my advanced degree,.....
      [​IMG]Calculatin for engine cylender please help
      how to calculate stterling engine cylinder diameter or cylinder thickness and piston diameter and connecting rod length and connecting rod diameter for stterling engine.....
      [​IMG]The best mechanical/industrial drawing books ?
      Does anyone know about of some recent changes of drawing standards? New specifications, "amendments", regulations, etc.? For mechanical drawings. I am interested for metric ISO standard.......
      Click here for more unanswered questions