• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Are these caluations correct?

Discussion in 'Calculations' started by robfuller89, Oct 23, 2011.

1. robfuller89

robfuller89 New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the form and this is my first post. I have a degree in mechanical design, it's been about 8 years since I did any of these calulations and am trying to remember how to do this stuff. If anyone has some time, I'm interested in knowing if I did the structual analysis correctly? I'm not very confident.

I've drawing up a loader bucket and am analysising all the forces on one of the arms. I have 850lbs of force which is maxiumium force my garden tractor can push. The bucket can pick up 350lbs of material and the bucket itself weights 150lbs. Thus my 850 lb force horizontaly and 500 lbs force vertically. I found the reactions of the pins by finding the magnatude and direction of these two forces using right triangle trig. (if I done it correctly) I get a different solution when I calulate it a different way. Once I got the reaction forces on the pins, I broke them down in there respective x,y direction and continued to find the other pin forces using right trig and then by summing moments around a point to find another pin reaction. Then I summed forces in the x and y directions respectively to get equalibrium. Becuase of this I think I got it correct, but I'm not confident.

Would you be able to look at the two jpegs and let me know what I have done right and wrong?

Thank you,

Rob

3. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

4. robfuller89

robfuller89 New Member

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Sorry, I hope it works this time.