• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Auto cancel turn signal indicator in two wheelers

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by prashanthbs, Sep 25, 2010.

1. prashanthbs

prashanthbs Member

Dear all,
      Need a simple mechanism to auto cancel turn signal indicator in two wheelers. It can be like an accessory attached with the two wheeler handle.

3. garnettools

garnettools Member

The wire from the indicator goes to the battery/dynamo. In between the same put a 5 Ohm knob easily found in the market. You can install the same anywhere where you find it comfortable.
      The big thing is that you can also vary the intensity of sound with the same knob.
      Ankur

4. Zaphod

Zaphod Member

The problem with a bike is that there is very little movement of the handlebars during cornering therefore a system similar to that in a car is no good.

Off the top of my head, a system using a gyroscope and monitoring the bikes direction whilst indicating could be used to auto cancel.

As a side note, the gyroscopic cameras used in MotoGP give great shots of the bikes leaning whilst keeping the horizon level.

ps - I must confess to forgetting to cancel my indicators from time to time.