• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Autodesk Inventor Simulation - Verification

Discussion in 'Autodesk Inventor' started by plcrry, Sep 13, 2010.

1. plcrry

plcrry Guest

Hi
      I would like to incorporate an FEA package into our design process. We have Inventor Professional which includes Simulation. It is easy to use but is very simple in the fact it only has one element.

I would appreciate any views on using this package especially quality of results and accuracy.

Does anyone know what solver this software uses or where I could find out. I have trawled the internet and autodesk sites whith no success.

Many thanks

3. nikserer

nikserer Guest

Hi, as I know Autodesk Inventor Professional used Ansys software for Stress Analysis and Simulation. For more complex analysis you can export files to Ansys Workbench software. :lol:

4. Zaphod

Zaphod Member

I have Inventor Pro and for some years used the inbuilt component analysis which was easy to use and gave good results. A couple of years ago I added ANSYS workbench (you can run it on a trial for a limited time) which allows me to analyse assemblies. This gives much more useful results as it allows for interaction between components.

5. Garf255

Garf255 Member

Hi

Inventor Simulation has Dynamic Simulation for moving components as well as both single part & assembly FEA. The FEA is based on Autodesks own solving engine which was incorporated a few years ago with the acquisition of Plassotech. Plassotech used to sell a product called 3G.Author which has been incorporated into Inventor Simulation.

The structure\frame analysis in Inventor Simulation uses a subset of the Robot Structural Analysis tools.

If you want to be able to choose different element types etc you might want to have a look at Algor:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc ... d=13773836

You can run an analysis in Inventor and then using the transfer to Algor button can take all of the materials, loads, constraints etc into Algor to run diferent types of analysis such as fatigue, impact, non-linear, CFD, MES etc

6. austinr

austinr New Member

HI DEAR,

Autodesk Inventor latest Accuracy Verification Package, which can be used as an internal quality assurance data set. This package consists of:

· An Accuracy Verification Manual for Autodesk Simulation – two hundred test cases from various engineering handbooks including NAFEMS
      · Archive files with results for all the examples
      · An automated script which will analyse the Archive files and generate a custom report to verify the accuracy of the software

If you have any doubt in Autodesk Inventor Simulation - Verification, you can see this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBiVpV4inS8&list

Hope this information valuable for you! Have a nice day...

7. Sanika Patel

Sanika Patel Member

Can anyone tell the latest tools used other than this??