• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Batchelors in Mech Engineering vs Associates in Mech Design

Discussion in 'Mechanical design JOBS' started by mmedcalfj, Jan 4, 2015.

1. mmedcalfj

mmedcalfj New Member

Right now I'm a first year engineering student and a University. I've been deciding whether to keep on the track I'm going, which will take me 4 1/2 to 5 years because of scheduling issues, and having to take an extra class or two. I'm thinking about going to a tech school, and getting my 2 year mechanical design degree and finding a job doing that, then try and have the company pay for my school while I work for them and get experience.I would try and work full time, then take 2 classes a semester at night or something. I would possibly be able to go to a better engineering school then If my company pays for it. Also since I already have college credit, I could cancel out a lot of the classes in the 2 year degree program, and I could knock more general eds and math classes that would transfer to a university, so I would only have to take my major classes. Has anyone ever done this route before? Would you recommend this or just go get the 4 year right away?