• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Bearing Anti wearing type

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by Mekanimo, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Dave B

Dave B Active Member

You mentioned screw conveyor , I presume this was purchased from a company, if they are still in business do they have any suggestions on solving this problem.

I assume the screw is a Nihard cast iron or other very hard material and the journals are already made of hard surface materials.
      Pressurizing the journal bearing and seals is certainly a desirable choice if possible.

I once worked in a ceramics factory in which pug mills and blungers were common. Maintenance was high on the equipment and the goal there was to design the bearings outside the slurry area if possible with over hung loads. the blunger had a rotor on the end of a 5 ft long shaft extending into the slurry. It was made of a Nihard cast iron which broke up clay balls in a water slurry so abrasion and shock loading was common the material was extremely hard and could only be ground for the post casting machining of the shaft attachment.

By making the two bearing surfaces extremely hard the wear will take longer to erode to a point of replacement. But wear it will.

Dave

3. engeek

engeek New Member

maintanence free frictionless air bearing

how about air bearings , Air bearing required no maintenance.. it depends on your application but you can find different type of air bearing on this link. www.oavco.com

4. pari_simon

pari_simon New Member

hi,
      can i know what is the bearing materials u have used for bearing? and currently which bearing material u r using