• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Belt Design

Discussion in 'Calculations' started by jagan081, Jun 22, 2011.

1. jagan081

jagan081 New Member

I am designing the small power transmission system for construction equipment. Designed system should transfer the power from shaft 1 to shaft 2,3. Power ratio bwt shaft 1 nd shaft 2 is 12 i.e input power at shaft 1 is 3.6 Kw and desired output power at shaft 2 should be 7.2 kw. Again the power ratio bwt shaft 1 and shaft 3 is 0.6. Input power will be given by handwheel rotation. Other constraints: Both pulley diameters should be less than 60 mm and Centre distance range b/t 80 to 90 mm. I have planned to use timing belt for this arrangement. But when i checked with power rating and pulley diameter from the catalogue, i am unable to find suitable belt. Kindly give your valuable suggestion. which one is good among gears, belt and chain ? Since my shaft arrangement are vertical, i planned to eliminate to chain arrangement.

3. LinkedIn Gopher

LinkedIn Gopher Little furry chap

Hi, try to take a loock here
      http://uk.misumi-ec.com/eu/EcSearchView ... ming+belts
      On the other hand, if I may, I think you should talk about torque ratio but not power. You can´t multiply the power with transmission elements.
      With such dimensions and parametres I would focus on gears better than timing belts or chains.
      Hope it helps.

Source

4. jagan081

jagan081 New Member

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.