• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Blog Ressurection

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by Marnie Dorsey, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Marnie Dorsey

Marnie Dorsey Member

I have a dormant blog and I want to revive it, it was a long time ago so I haven’t been updated about the blogosphere. It seems that “vlogging†has become more popular nowadays and I’m thinking of having one also but I’m not that confident yet so I guess I would start by restoring my old blog first LOL. I’m thinking of focusing more with product reviews so I think it’s imperative to get insights from someone who has a blog that features straight reviews, customer testimonials, product comparisons, etc. Is there anyone here who can give me tips on how to go about this, any tips will be greatly appreciated.

3. crabshusk

crabshusk Member

Please remember that a good review is not intended to make affiliate sales. To craft a valuable review, bear these needs in mind:

• to learn the pros and cons of a given product
      • to find out if the product is meant for them
      • to find out if the product is of high quality and easy to use
      • to find out about alternative solutions
      • to find out about other users’ experiences with the product
      • to ultimately learn if the product is worth buying.

4. Marnie Dorsey

Marnie Dorsey Member

Thank you for your tips. As a consumer I am also looking for all the things that you have mentioned. When I want to buy something may it be in the mall or online I always check the product reviews first before purchasing. I was influenced by a friend of mine because she has a very successful blog that is all about "how to's" and "tutorials". I want to try it at first but then I realized I'm not really an expert and I feel like I'm not that credible to do such a thing so I shifted to "product reviews".

I have seen many online and I wonder what is the most appealing to the readers. This service review (this is not a blog though) shows evaluations from its users and this product review showcases many illustrations of the product being reviewed. I just want to know if this kind of review fascinates readers or are these monotonous to read?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    5. overtknit

overtknit Member

I am a consumer and I always consult online whenever I will buy a product. I think an honest review would matter more than those fancy blog designs but has unreliable data. It's a good idea too to include customer's testimonial.