• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Bottle capacity calculation

Discussion in 'Calculations' started by johndesign, Mar 25, 2014.

1. johndesign

johndesign New Member

Hi all,
      I have a new project in bottle design.It's totally new for me .I want design a 1 ltr oil bottle .How can i start that design and what are the calculations i want made for that .please help me.

Thanks & Regards,
      john

3. PierArg

PierArg Well-Known Member

Hi,
      your question leads me to suppose you have just to calculate the volume.
      If the shape of the bottle is simple, you can use the classical geometric formulas.
      Otherwise, if you have a CAD, you can calculate any type of shape with the dedicated command.

Regarding other features of the bottle (i.e. thickness, material, chemical resistance, etc) I can't help you because you haven't mentioned the application.

4. bdeuell

bdeuell Member

Some CAD programs include optimization tools that would allow you to vary particular dimensions in you model to achieve a desired volume. As mentioned the CAD program can calculate the volume. The optimization is useful to achieve a specific target volume with a complex geometry.

5. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

Hi John, is your question purely to do with achieving the correct volume, or do you have other design requirements you haven't mentioned? Volume should be easy to figure out especially with CAD.