• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • BS EN ISO..... on drawings

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by redmike, Jun 29, 2012.

1. redmike

redmike Member

Hi,
      I am in the process of finishing a welded part. it needs stress releiving. I want to call-up on the drawing two things:-1. the BS EN ISO number for general welding of steel (i think it is BS EN ISO 15109-1:2004) . 2. the BS EN ISO number for stress releiving of steel (cant find it!!).
      Can anybody help?

3. tonycro

tonycro Well-Known Member

Hi there,

BS 499 covers weld symbols.

15109 i get "Surface active agents. Determination of the active matter content of alkylamidopropylbetaines"

more standards on welding than you can shake a stick at, if you know your weld process and application then we might be able to help.

As for stress relieving, i don't think there is a standard ?

tony

4. redmike

redmike Member

Hi Tony,
      this is what i get for BS EN ISO 15609-1

http://shop.bsigroup.com/en/ProductDetail/?pid=000000000030012600

you are right, it's a mine field. We used to use an AWS number (AWS D1.1 ) which covers all structrual welding on carbon steels, but i don't seem to be able to find a similar BS EN ISI standard.
      I did find EN ISO 4063 but, again, i'm not sure.