• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Calling in all Electrical Engineers- Final Year Project help needed!!

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by jkf1192, Oct 14, 2012.

1. jkf1192

jkf1192 Member

[FONT=verdana, arial, geneva, lucida, sans-serif]I needed some help from you guys regarding my Final year project. I know you are all mechanicals but still if you could help I would really appreciate :)[/FONT]

Basically my project is about a hydrogen fuel cell that charges the batteries in cars, its a hybrid system. The fuel cell is PEMFC (proton exchange membrane fuel cell) and we have around 50 cells in stack.

The Fuel Cell we are using has an output of 1289W +/- 30W (@33A)(continuous), with an OCV of 60V and a Max current of 40A.

My job in the project is line conditioning.... the idea is the DC current that comes out the fuel cell is either too high or is fluctuating i need to remove the fluctuations and bring it down to a constant value in order to charge the batteries.

This is where TSR comes in, I need some ideas like what device to use and how can the current be brought down to a specific value.

Thanks [​IMG]

3. tonycro

tonycro Well-Known Member

without wishing to sound daft, althought it is something I have a talen t for; whats TSR ?

if the current is too high then you need to apply Kirchhoff's law and split it across parallel branches in the circuit.
      and if the DC is not smooth enough then you need a smoothing capacitor in the circuit.

tony.

4. Apply Kirchhoff law !!!!
      Kirchhoff ’s Current Law states that: ‘the algebraic sum of currents at a node is zero’. Two points might need further explanation:
      a) a ‘node’ is the technical term for a junction in a circuit, where two or more branches are joined
      together.
      b) the phrase ‘algebraic sum’ reminds us that we have to take account of the current direction, as well as
      magnitude, when applying Kirchhoff ’s Current Law.
      I explained it here. May be it help you!!!