• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Career standstill

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by topher5150, Aug 23, 2021.

1. topher5150

topher5150 Active Member

I graduated in '09 with an associate in drafting and design and it's been a struggle ever since. About a year after graduation I got married and found a job and it seems that my only options since then have been either entry-level type positions, or I need a four-degree. At one time I actually thought about getting an actual engineering degree but the math required would have landed me in a padded cell not to mention the time and money that it would take.
      I really feel that I have the background, and experience to get my career, if you want to call it that, moving but it seems that no one will give me the time of day unless I have a degree.

3. Oilytrunk

Oilytrunk Well-Known Member

That's how life is.

4. s.weinberg

s.weinberg Well-Known Member EngineeringClicks Expert

I don't have an answer, but that sucks. Hang in there, and keep looking for someone who will give you the chance to start moving up.

Degrees are overrated, but that's nothing I can change for you, unfortunately.

5. duongger

duongger New Member

Maybe you should also consider jobs in other states? That would give you more opportunities. I can also recommend these Movers By The Hour in case you decided to follow my advice.