• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Choosing a prototype process...

Discussion in 'Prototyping & low-volume processes' started by mvalenti, Feb 17, 2010.

1. mvalenti

mvalenti Well-Known Member

I have an idea for a part I would like to have a working prototype made. I was thinking I would like this made either by SMS or DMLS. The part would be subjected to some shock, vibration (motorcycle), chemical (Gasoline or..."Petrol") and elevated temperatures as well 150 Deg F Max. Which process would best suit that type of application? In addition, what are the size limitations for these kinds of parts?

3. GPIprototype

GPIprototype Member

We have a DMLS machine here and I am pretty confident that our process will work perfect for what you need. I know I am late in replying, but have you tried either yet?

Tim Ruffner
      timr@gpiprototype.com
      http://gpiprototype.com

4. emstampa

emstampa Member

We offer plastic parts that can withstand temperature of over 400F. That may more than you need, but at we offer a variety of materials to suite your needs. If you have questions, or need help on deciding which technology is best for you (SLS, FDM, 3DP, SLA, MJM, etc...) feel free to email us at info@ems-usa.com

Our Z Corp process is typically half the price of other traditional methods. Many prototypes have been tested on motorcycles and put through rigorous functionality testing.