• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Chris from Somerset

Discussion in 'Pop in and say hello!' started by Dicer creative, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Hi Gareth,

Great site, great idea!!! Lots of design engineers banging our heads together!

I have just made the big jump and started my own design company- Dicer Creative Bespoke CAD CAM design.

I am using Solidworks for my design work, I think its pretty industry standard now and freakin awsome!

I also offer CAM programs for all my parts and use Sprut CAM from Russia, I have also have the rights to be a sole distributor in UK for the software. Take a look http://www.sprut.co.uk

I have been in the plastics industry for 15 years, started as a apprentice toolmaker and have worked up to head product designer.

I am looking forward to getting and sharing tips with everyone.

Chris Birkett

3. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

Hi Chris,

Thanks - I'm glad you like the site. I hope it's helpful to you. It's nice to have a place to bang out heads together - certainly beats a wall anyday! :D Good luck with your business - it sounds exciting. You might like to list yourself in the Mechanical Design Directory. There are both free & heavily discounted listing options for member of this forum.

Cheers,
      Gareth