• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Cooling materials question

    Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by Cardboard, Jun 18, 2010.

    1. Cardboard

      Cardboard Guest

      Ok guys need some help please!

      Im looking for a material that cools as you pass a current through it. the material needs to be soft like a foam or sponge or something. any ideas?
    3. ConnectUTS

      ConnectUTS Active Member

      Sep 2009
      Likes Received:
      Peltier coolers are used to create a temperature differential between two faces as result of passing an electrical the material. They use the Seebeck Effect.

      As the result of a research on the phrase - flexible Peltier cooler - (no quotes) I found one interesting article:

      http://iopscience.iop.org/0960-1317/17/ ... FF17AE2.c1

      Virtually all other Peltier Coolers are based rigid ceramic products.

      Good luck on your search. It appear that you have an idea that is on the leading edge of technology.

    Share This Page

    1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
      Dismiss Notice