• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Design Engineer for Start-up Company

Discussion in 'USA jobs' started by EngrStartup, Jul 30, 2011.

1. EngrStartup

EngrStartup New Member

A manufacturing & design engineer/entrepreneur is sought to join a fast-growing start-up company with a diverse, talented team of engineers and business professionals. The company is commercializing advanced green technology in the heavy-duty trucking industry.

We are seeking an experienced design engineer with familiarity in the design and manufacturing of products for the transportation industry. The position would require a solid understanding of all steps of the design process, from concept to manufacturing. We are looking for someone with a passion for the industry that is willing to work remotely, while regularly communicating with our team.

An individual will be hired first on a contractual basis, and may be considered for employment in a high-ranking, full-time position based on performance, experience, and level of commitment.

The applicant should have high-energy, interest in earning equity, and open to relocating to work for the company long-term.

Essential Duties/Responsibilities
      • Parametric solid/surface CAD modeling of products for prototyping and production
      • Material and component selection and sourcing
      • Part optimization and analysis/simulation
      • Develop bills of materials and technical drawings

Qualifications/Skills
      • Strong background in design of products to be manufactured for the transportation industry
      • Mechanical, Aerospace, or equivalent engineering degree (BS or higher)
      • Automotive/transportation knowledge required
      • Strong CAD modeling skills (sheet metal design, complex surface modeling, mold design, rendering, large assemblies, dimensioning and tolerancing, drawings)
      • SolidWorks experience preferred. Must use your own CAD software.
      • Detail oriented with strong ability to self-organize and meet deadlines
      • Hands on, fabrication/experimental experience a plus
      • Business/management/start-up experience a plus

3. Dalelambert

Dalelambert New Member

Is this still open ?
      Where is it located ?

4. kbhargav

kbhargav New Member

Hi,

This is Bhargav Kothapalli. I have completed my Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering in May 2011 from Texas A&M University (College Station, TX). I am very interested in this "Design Engineer" opportunity.

I have 3 years of experience (both from industry and research backgrounds) in Mechanical Product Design and Manufacturing.
      Also, I have 5 years of expertise with 2D and 3D CAD (esp. SolidWorks, AutoCAD, CATIA and Pro/E).

Kindly let me know if I can get in touch with you directly. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
      --
      Bhargav

5. Rhadley

Rhadley Member

Are you still looking for an engineer? Email me at [email protected].
      Thanks,
      Rick Hadley