• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • design engineer

Discussion in 'Suggest a forum topic' started by Ram337, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Ram337

Ram337 New Member

My self is Ram I have started my career as a maintaince engineer in that Iam having 2 years of experience but Iam more interested in design field. Now Iam taking course please gave me suggestion how to be profession in design ? How to learn quickly in design field? Please help me

3. CPPMable

CPPMable Well-Known Member

Hi Ram,

Design can be a very interesting field. Unfortunately, design work often takes a lot of time to learn and become proficient at. You need to know both the mechanical engineering side but also the manufacturing aspects such as how things are made and how to tolerance and design parts to get what you want each and every time. A good place to start in design work is to become good at one of the many different CAD modeling systems out there and if you can learn a little about FEA it will be a good step in the right direction. Also try to learn about different manufacturing techniques if you are already not familiar.

4. zulfika

zulfika Member

Good day,

Take a look at this book I have prepared :
      Book title - PRODUCT MECHANICAL DESIGN : A GUIDED TRAINING COURSE.
      Book type - Kindle e-book.
      This book can be purchased from http://www.amazon.com/dp/B011DY7PYU
      The price of this book is USD1.99 only.

This book was prepared to provide a general exposure to how a product mechanical designer would go about designing a product. A key function of this book is to offer a guided hands on training course for the reader to get a feel of how a new product would be designed in a typical real scenario product development cycle.
      The training course has been designed such that any person having a minimum understanding in the basics of technical drafting can complete the course at the person's own place and schedule. The training course can be done using any 2D/3D CAD software the reader is comfortable with and it can also be done using a drafting board for those who do not have access to a 2D/3D CAD software.
      It is hoped that those who complete the training course will find it useful in their pursuit of a career in the product mechanical design engineering field.
      Questions and feedback from users of this book are welcomed and can be e-mailed to zulfikar@tujuh.com