• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Design of cams. Anyone still interested in this topic?

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by miltonbr, Feb 24, 2014.

1. miltonbr

miltonbr Well-Known Member

Hello to all.
      The subject is kind of old, but I'm also kind of old. In the 70s and 80s, cams were widely used in machines designed to produce large scale products. But then, pneumatic equipment became popular and stepping motors and linear actuators came to the market.
      In 1988, I published an article in a mechanical magazine, in Brazil, about the process of choosing and calculating curves for cams. At that time, it was necessary to have and to know how to use a programmable calculator. Today, with any worksheet and cad program, this process has become quite simple. If someone is interested, I can put the article for download somewhere ... google docs for example.
      Thanks and sorry for my english.
      Note: the article is written in portuguese. I can translate it, but it will take some time. And then some more of your time to fix the errors of translation .... hahaha

3. miltonbr

4. MadLogger

MadLogger Member

I am very interested, I have many places where I could use that kind of information. I do not, however, know Portugese, translation would be very helpul.

5. miltonbr

6. MadLogger

MadLogger Member

Thanks for the links, I will look into them. As for the translation, I can wait (with anticipation, of course).

7. miltonbr

8. MadLogger

MadLogger Member

Hello Miltonbr,
      Yes, the text is readable. I saved a copy and will study it more at a later time. Thank you.

9. miltonbr