• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Does any know what thermo-active transdermal technology is?

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by kuwakuwa, Aug 24, 2011.

1. kuwakuwa

kuwakuwa Member

Hi everyone,

I am currently trying to paint custom designs on my plastic (ABS) iPhone case, and came across this website.
      www.getuncommon.com

Here they say that they have this proprietary process called thermo-active transdermal technology (TATT), and they can paint some really intricate designs on their iPhone cases.

The question I had was, do you guys know what machine they are using is? Is it truly something they have developed and have reigns on, or is there some sort of 3D printing/painting machine out there can can accomplish the same thing?

Any thoughts would be awesome.

Thanks!
      Satoshi

3. Ralvarez2020

Ralvarez2020 New Member

Re: Does any know what thermo-active transdermal technology

Did you find anymore information on the machine? I'm also intersted if there is a machine out there that does the same. They developed the machine themselves and currently aren't interested in selling or leasing their machines.

If you do get anymore information please share, I will send any info I discover as well.

Best

4. kuwakuwa

kuwakuwa Member

Re: Does any know what thermo-active transdermal technology

Sorry, I still haven't been able to find similar machines or services out there. I must not be looking in the right places though because there are plenty of customized painting services out there and its hard to believe that the technology would be available in one location only.

I'll make sure to post if I see anything.

Good luck.
      Satoshi

5. jdm

jdm New Member

I'm also seriously looking into this...am making some inquiries, trying to get a hold on what the technology is, how available it is, etc.

If you're interested in pooling resources on this, let me know.

jdm