• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • dough divider problem

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by mira, Dec 12, 2014.

1. mira

mira Member

Hi,

Our dough divider machinery is not working good.
      It can not divide dough into similar desired weight.
      I do not know much about mechanical design, but I have noticed that an indicator is not in its place like the other one.
      Please let me know what does that indicator do?

I uploaded a photo of the machinery.

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/587376/20141203-130520-jpg.html

Please let me know if you need more information.

Best,

3. PWASS

PWASS Well-Known Member

Mira

The arm is fixed the the shaft by a tapered coupling which is secured by the ring of cap screws.

If you take out all of the cap screws between the shaft and the arm and screw 4 of them back into the tapped holes and gently tighten, you will release one from the other.

Be careful, once they're disconnected the arm might fall or the shaft might rotate, try to hold them in place whilst unlocking the coupling.

Once they're disconnected, rotate either the shaft or the arm until the pointer and the indicator line up, then replace the screws and tighten until the shaft is fully locked to the arm.

4. mira

mira Member

Peter ,

Thank you for your helpful reply.
      Our local technical staff was afraid to take out the screws. Also as I am not professional in this field I do not understand the procedure you said completely. I see 12 screws on the shaft. Which 4 screws are need to be screw back and gently tighten?

Is it possible for you to show the procedure steps by number on the photo I have sent and upload it?

Also I do not understand if the shaft and arm are connected with screws how they can rotate relatively to each other?
      Do you think that the two indicators are related to timing of different parts of the machinery?

Best,

5. PWASS

PWASS Well-Known Member

6. mira

mira Member

Thank you Peter.
      I'll try it.

7. mira

mira Member

8. PWASS

PWASS Well-Known Member

Mira

OK, you've removed the clamping screws and screwed 4 of them into the release holes.

If the clamp ring has not been released, you need to tighten them slowly in sequence until it does.

9. mira

mira Member

Dear Peter,

I tried to tighten the screws but they were so tight and I did not able to release the assembly.
      Is there any device for helping to open them?
      I read on the screws : "lobo 12.9" .I know that 12.9 is related to the strenght of the screws.

Best,

10. PWASS

PWASS Well-Known Member

Mira

The 12.9 indicates that they are high tensile screws, most socket head screws are.

Perhaps the clamping screws have been over tightened in the past, the data sheet gives a torque for these screws (TA).

I can only suggest that you persevere, perhaps using a tube to increase the length of the hex key.

11. bdeuell

bdeuell Member

Tapping the hex key with a soft faced hammer could help as well. everything is likely seized together and a sharp impulse force can help break it free.