• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Dragons' Den

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by GarethW, Jul 20, 2010.

1. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

Anyone watching the new series? What do you think? Lots of silly ideas (e.g. shed security device).
      Would you go on there? Ever tried to get on there? Know anyone who's been on there?

[​IMG]

3. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

I'm finding this latest series to be rather lacklustre. Anyone else?

Here's a good "Dragons' Den" horror story:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z0wgUROSLZ

Here's one of the juicier sections:

4. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Yikes- talk about reading the small print!

I heard a story about a lecturer from Loughborough Uni who went on there with a prototype, and he had a team of people work full time on it behind him. The dragons loved the idea, would probably have invested, but he came unstuck because he was a lecturer, and could only give his spare time to this project, even though he had a team of people working on it for him. Full time. As their jobs. They turned him down as he 'wasn't committed' enough...

Daft program!

I find it quite hard to watch as I'm always picking apart their designs and telling my self i could do better! I have an architect friend who can't watch Grand Designs for the same reason!

5. 2dand3d

2dand3d Member

I had a chap who came to us with a design for a BBQ which stopped all the fat dropping onto the meat below. It was a good idea and it worked but he got laughed off the show because he only thought of the BBQ concept at the time, he was unprepared and when asked what he would do with the money he said that he was going to invest in something new. No forethought.

6. Nigel

Nigel New Member

I probably wouldn't personally, but a couple of my clients have - and one of them got the investment, so it can pay off! :D