• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Drive System Design

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by tomere, Jun 1, 2011.

1. tomere

tomere New Member

Hello all,

Are you familiar with companies that can design a drive system and supply it as an "item"?
      What I mean is, that the drive system would be supplied as it is and not as a design package for me to manufacturer.
      In this regard, I'm interested in a drive system for a vertically hanged compressor rotor.

I would appreciate your inputs on this regard.

3. abeenash

abeenash New Member

i couldnt understand this vertical hanged compressor motor
      where do you want to use this system(to lift upward or push downward )
      most of compressor comes with drive system and you only need to know where to fix the motor and compressor

4. Bill @ ERG

Bill @ ERG Member

There are a ton of drive manufacturers out there: Are you looking for a custom solution? We have been involved in drive designs for rotating equipment. Do you have an arrangement that you are working with? Is the drive being installed integral, or is it a module that is installed with a drive coupling to the compressor? What speed? Torque? Environmental conditions?

Depending on what you are looking for, the time frame and the budget for design, we might be able to help, or put you in touch with someone who can. What country is this in?

Bill Carr at ERG Consulting.