• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Feedback/suggestions for iphone case required Pls :)

Discussion in 'Industrial design' started by nishatibrewal, Mar 30, 2011.

1. nishatibrewal

nishatibrewal Member

Hello Everybody,

Thanks to stop by. I am Nisha from India.

I have just developed this case design for iphone 4 .

Your feedback and any kind of suugestions would be encouraging for me to improvise further.

[​IMG]

Thank you... :)

3. Eon_wu-chinese

Eon_wu-chinese Member

this is for women?I don't i will use that as a man :D

4. nishatibrewal

nishatibrewal Member

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion Eon,

This design is for both men n women. since u saw in red u felt men can't use it. Now i think u would change ur mind.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

5. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

Hi. Great work there :) I personally think that regardless of colour you need to lose the shoulder strap to appeal to men.

Have you seen this thread, by the way. You might find the advice over there useful too

6. nishatibrewal

nishatibrewal Member

Hi,

Thanks Gareth

hmmmm can you tell why is shoulder not appealing to men. Does it not make easier to carry your phone. By the way the shouler strap is detachable, so if men dont like it they can just remove it.. :D

7. Eon_wu-chinese

Eon_wu-chinese Member

Yes, this is not about color, it's about shoulder strap, i don't think a man will like it and carry it ,for most of men,it's so girly

Eon

8. nishatibrewal

nishatibrewal Member

The strap is detachable you remove it if dont like. I think now it shud not be a problem right :D

9. HurricaneLiz

HurricaneLiz Member

Hey guys,
      If it was a short strap (still removeable) that only stuck up about 3/4" away from the phone, to make it easier to get out of a pocket or purse, I think that'd be helpfull. I don't have a lot of grip strength in my hands so have had to add straps and hooks to a lot of things to make life easier. In the Western market, anything with a strap is going to be considered something for a woman, irregardless of ease of use, aesthetically that's just the way it's going to be. I'd throw a male and female version in your print ads, the few male customers that want the strap will get that one if they want it, but I bet a lot of people with limited finger strength or grip strength like I have would be all over a shorter strap, makes it easier to dig out of the bottom of a purse. I have a question though, why is there an opening down the middle of the case? The screen's just going to get scratched there.

10. nishatibrewal

nishatibrewal Member

Thanks for your comment Hurricane....

yes the starp can be made shorter but the is also adjustable as per once convineince.

The opening in the middle is for the screen to be visible for the light to flash. That would make it look more apealing.Everyone wants to show off their phone at the same time protect it with a case. so this does both.

Yes if someone handle the phone very roughly then this case might not appeal to them.

11. HurricaneLiz

HurricaneLiz Member

Gotcha. Yeah I dropped my phone while I was trying to write back so I'm probably not your target market haha :) Good luck with it, but it sounds like you're already set on the design and just wanted affirmation for it as-is, which none of us have given yet, so who exactly is your target market? If we viewed it through a cultural filter we might 'get it' easier...