• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Gravitation - Energy of the Future

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by Sentally, Sep 30, 2015.

1. andysuth

andysuth Member

What a load of crap.

The reason no PhD student will go near this is because they understand the laws of thermodynamics.

I knew this article was junk the moment I read about your electricity knowledge.

Don't waste your time pursuing this.

You can't prove it theoretically, you clearly haven't built one.

Don't waste your time. Life is too short and too precious. Seriously I'd rather you watch "Neighbours " or "The X Factor" than even waste time reading this nonsense.

EUR ING Andy Southern BEng(hons) MA(RCA) CEng MIED ACGI DIC.
      Source: 25 years of engineering.

3. andysuth

andysuth Member

If we must have crackpots on this forum, can we have a moderator confine these posts to a "Yet another perpetual motion device" section?

Allowing them to post in the main forum just adds ill advised legitimacy to their crazy ideas which contradict what Chartered Engineers and Professional Engineers say aren't possible.

Please +1 if you are a real engineer and agree.

4. K.I.S.S.

K.I.S.S. Well-Known Member

Hmm.. I find myself conflicted...
      andysuth, half of me agrees with you, in that this 'megathread' has a tendency to somewhat belittle and trivialize a resource for people seeking advice on everyday and far more mundane topics that have a chance of working, and I've certainly stopped commenting on it (apart from now, obviously..), given that I'm apparently insufficiently 'evolved' to appreciate the potential of free energy.
      But the other half of me is inherently against a prescriptive society, as where does that take you..?
      On balance I'd like to believe that if anything, this thread has done more to dissuade susceptible individuals from investing their time and resources in a impossible quest than to encourage them to do so. There's obviously the exception to the rule, but in general I think that it's done more to expose 'inventors' with little knowledge of physical laws to the real world, and also to possibly attract them to the possibilities that await them if they actually start to learn about such things - not just knowing what you can't do, but also what you actually can achieve...
      Mind you, it does make me want to bang my head on the desk sometimes....

5. K.I.S.S.

K.I.S.S. Well-Known Member

And Sentally, replying in red cursive script doesn't make you look mysterious and indignant - it makes you look like you should have moved out of your parents house a while ago, particularly as you can't even be bothered to address the comment that elicited your response.