• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Happy 2019! What did you achieve last year, and what are your hopes for this year?

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by john12, Jan 1, 2019.

1. MSHOfficial

MSHOfficial Well-Known Member EngineeringClicks Expert

Oh well that chart does help a lot. But if someone even mentions dinner I am going. I never reject the thought of having dinner.

Well if I do find Bristol to be racist I’ll leave after my trial period. Since, I am a foreigner, I am supposed to have a trial period so that I have the option to try the place out first. And they have an option to try me out, before offering me a permanent position.

3. john12

john12 Well-Known Member EngineeringClicks Expert

Cool, best of luck!

The chart is half a joke... but not really. I once dated a European girl and she's the one who first showed me it... and never stopped reminding me of it! ;)

4. GoodCat

GoodCat Well-Known Member EngineeringClicks Expert

I wish you good luck on the new job!)
      I think everything will be fine, I do not think that you will have any problems on the basis of racism)
      In my opinion, the main thing is that there were good and quiet places where you can go for a drink and relax after a hard day.

I hope there is a lot of sun and cute and beautiful girls with whom you can communicate, otherwise it will all end in depression ;)

By the way, in my city there is a chain of alcohol shops called "Bristol". I don’t even know why they chose this name? :)

5. john12

Strange! 'Bristol Cream' is a type of sherry here in the UK, so maybe that. Or, also, Bristol and the South-West are well known for their cider.

When I was a student I visited and there was one pub that had extra-strong cider that they only sold in half-pint glasses (rather than the usual full pints) because they said it was so strong.
      So, of course, we just bought two half-pints each!

6. MSHOfficial

And two half pints wasn’t too strong for you guys?

Its weird but I like the cold and gloomy weather. Sunlight is not a dream for me, I come from Asian subcontinent so I get to see sun whenever I go there, which is very often. And I really like the weather when its cloudy and cold. That is why I love warsaw, I find this type of weather very peaceful also the autumn here is longer than other places I have lived at. So its nice.

I wonder if Bristol is a touristic area. Since it has been compared to berlin I would expect it to be a multicultural, packed with foreigners kind of place.

7. john12

There are touristy things to do, for sure, but it's probably not visited by most tourists (I think a lot don't even get out of London!).

I quite like rainy, coldish weather too. Where I live now is really hot (over 30 every day, sometimes quite a bit over) and it's a little too much for me. 25 would be perfect!

We survived on the two half pints!

8. SenthilJPrakash

SenthilJPrakash Member

I can certainly vouch for some of them in that list (Anglo-EU translation guide) LOL

9. MSHOfficial

But why isn’t anyone telling us what they have achieved and what they want to achieve?

I would like to know about the guys working in a company, how does it feel? What do you think an achievement is when you are working in a company. People who work in academia, what do you consider as achievement! I really would love to know.

10. rafaelherrera

rafaelherrera Member EngineeringClicks Expert

In 2018, I managed to work as a freelancer in my area and what I like about mechanical design. And with that I have been able to survive in the economic disaster that Venezuela is going through.

But that is already insufficient and for now there will be no political or economic changes to end the disaster.

That is why, my goal for this year is to be able to leave the country and continue to develop as an engineer and improve my quality of life.

11. MSHOfficial

That’s nice. You want to get a full time job in some other country right? Before you move. Which countries are you looking in to for moving?

I hope you can move to a place where you don’t have language barrier and can easily find a good job with that amount of experience. And also the culture shock is also a big thing.