• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Has anyone designed a musical instrument?

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by GarethW, Apr 19, 2011.

1. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

Here's another image relating to my old guitar project:

[​IMG]

3. willz

willz Guest

Very Nice work from all –I have been consulting on an electric guitar project that is now in its third year of design and testing (slow progress due to limited development budget) and production scheduled to begin this fall – if you’re a guitar player…brace for impact!!!!

The fully functional prototypes (v1 & v2) look, sound and feel sweet but the first release is guaranteed to be the most innovative musical instrument in history that will blow your socks off…….The countdown starts now!!!

More information will be available on my website – check in for updates. Enjoy

http://www.product-design-solutions.com

Will Z

4. GarethW

Any pics/info you can share with us now?

5. woodman13

woodman13 New Member

6. willz

willz Guest

@ Gareth - I am trying to work through the details now but to much is covered by NDA – For now you can get a sneak peek at the old website – Not much information and some of the pages are not working but this will give you a good idea of the concept (new website under construction)
      http://www.gdk-usa.com/index.html

7. willz

willz Guest

By the way – the product will feature the best of the best from EMG, Fernandes sustainer and Tone Shaper to name a few and this fall Autodesk will feature my digital prototyping and product design work on the GDK Technologies system.

8. GarethW

Very cool. I like it. Very clever! Please do let us know when the new site's up and running. So do you plan to manufacture the guitars yourself or licence it out?

9. GarethW

10. willz

willz Guest

Gareth – Just to be clear…I am on the development team. While I have made many major contributions over the past three + years, the basic idea was conceived by my friend who is a studio musician residing in Washington State. Now that we are nearing completion of final tests, marketing and manufacturing is being discussed. The plan is to manufacture in USA (with exception of a few components not made in US). We have designed and built some specialized machinery for production (proprietary) and presently working out marketing and promotional issues. Much will be decided by the big shot lawyers and stakeholders. It’s been a long grueling and intense project and we are very excited to see it finally coming together.

11. bashidap

bashidap New Member