• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Hello from Tulsa OK

Discussion in 'Pop in and say hello!' started by xmechanic, Jan 17, 2011.

1. xmechanic

xmechanic Active Member

My name is James, I'm not an engineer. Currently I'm a self employed residential remodeler. I started as a auto/motorcycle mechanic at a young age and have always been fascinated with designing and building things. Now at 46 I'm looking into ditching my current career and getting into manufacturing on a small scale, the current idea I'm kicking around is designing and building a 2 wheel utility vehicle.

Hopefully its ok for a non-engineer to be here and learn. I might even be able to contribute a bit maybe, I started my first auto repair business when I was 19 and have been self employed most of my life so I know a bit about small business. Never got rich, made just enough to pay for rent and beer :cool:

3. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

Absolutely! A warm welcome to the Mechanical Design Forum, James. I hope it'll be helpful to you. I'm sure there are plenty of people who can advise you and help you out here. That's what this place is all about - sharing knowledge! What you're thinking of doing sounds very exiting, by the way - good luck with it.