• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Hello/Introduction

Discussion in 'Pop in and say hello!' started by RMichon, Oct 2, 2018.

1. RMichon

RMichon New Member

Hi, My name is Robin. I am a structural analyst for an aerospace tooling company here in the United States. More specifically, Shelby Township, MI.

I've had 13 years of experience working with Solidworks and Solidworks simulation. I started in the automotive tooling industry working with structural analysis and automated lines that mainly used robots. I've had the opportunity to work with other softwares such as Algor, Hypermesh, Optistruct, Abacus, and some of the other cad packages such as Catia V5, Fides (which is a Ford Program), and have dabbled in Acad.

I am hoping to gain more knowledge and be able to use the forum as a source of bouncing ideas off of others in the industry. I hope to learn more and become a better analyst in the process.
      Thank you!

3. tmark938

tmark938 Moderator EngineeringClicks Expert

Hi @RMichon

Welcome to the forum - sorry for the delay in welcoming you.

You have certainly had a varied and interesting career! It would be great to bounce some ideas off you. We have built up a large and growing article section which you might find useful:-

https://www.engineeringclicks.com/

Regards,

Mark

4. Exupery

Exupery Well-Known Member

Welcome welcome Robin! Glad you made the transition into aerospace from mechanical. Been there as well.
      The paradox right now is that aerospace related R&D firms are looking to break into the automotive and energy industries X). The big programs of R&D being over and the maintenance and manufacturing being all there will be for some years to come, I know of many engineering firms shifting towards other industries. How are things looking from your side of the world in this aspect?