• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Hello!

Discussion in 'Pop in and say hello!' started by Green Seagull, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Green Seagull

Green Seagull New Member

Aug 2016
      Hello everyone. My name is North and I'm 14 years old.
      Please don't judge me by my age, I'm known to be mostly mature around my family and friends, but I can sometimes get a bit immature too.
      I have almost zero knowledge on engineering. But that's the exact reason I'm here.
      Mechanical Engineering is my dream job, but as I said I have zero knowledge on engineering. So I want to change that. I want to learn everything I can about engineering. So where can I start?
      I hope to meet you all in the future!
    3. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

Jul 2009
      Hi Green Seagull - welcome to EngineeringClicks! Great to have someone young and keen on board, and it's great to know that you want to become a mechanical engineer! So where to start? Well feel free to ask any questions within the Forums. Everyone's here to help so don't worry if you may feel it's a stupid or obvious question (I certainly ask plenty of those myself).

Another good place to look is the homepage articles. There's a good range of articles from basic to expert level, but on the whole I have tried to ensure that it's entertaining and accessible to non-experts. If you want to start from the very basics, then this article is the one for you: What is Mechanical Engineering?