• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Hello!

Discussion in 'Pop in and say hello!' started by Divisionary, May 12, 2011.

1. Divisionary

Divisionary New Member

Hello All,

I am a Mechanical Design Engineer in Pennsylvania, currently working in the medical device industry. Having over 12 years of experience in medical product development, I'm hopeful and willing to share whatever knowledge I can. I'm happy to belong to such a forum with other Designers and Engineers who feel the same way.

Thanks for the welcome!

Wayne

3. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

Hi Wayne. A warm welcome to MDF! What kind of mecdical devices have you worked on?

4. Divisionary

Divisionary New Member

Hi GarethW,

I worked for 10 years with an Infant incubator and IR warmer manufacturing company in PA. I started in manufacturing/sustaining engineering, then transitioned to product development engineering. Moved on to a new orthopedics company 2-1/2 years ago, and now developing prosthetic implant knees and hips.

How about yourself? What type of design work do you do?

Wayne

5. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

Sound like really interesting work. I work in telecommunications designing outdoor unit enclosures/assemblies, indoor rack mount kit etc, microwave antenna integrations.