• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • HELP! A fixed wheel that drives in ANY direction.

Discussion in 'The business forum' started by sidedrive, Apr 23, 2011.

1. sidedrive

sidedrive New Member

I have invented a wheel for an automobile (or anything that moves) that can drive sideways. I understand this might sound odd to some. However it is true. I have a patent. And no it is NOT a ball! It is much like a regular wheel with a rim and tire. However, my wheel will allow a vehicle to move in any direction to its supporting surface without changing the orientation of the vehicle. Its not a macanum wheel either, or the honda ux3wheel. Its better. The future is here... almost. My dilemma is this... I would like to contact someone high in the chain of command directly at a large company like ford, volkswagon and so on. Anyone of importance does not offer contact info. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please help! Respectfully, william.

3. mba motorsport

mba motorsport Member

Ok assuming you have a patent then you are protected to some degree, bearing in mind that if you can't afford to defend it then its not worth much.

So you have your patent, do you have some good Renderings or a prototype.

If you do then get in touch with one of the good technical magazines, or even GIZMAG and get them to do an article on it, you will have to provide all the content, such as a description and pictures etc.

If you select the right magazine you can be assured that it will be seen by the people that matter, and if its good it will be peer reviewed by the engineers beneath the money men first and you may just get an in house champion.

You cannot try and approach all the people you need to get it in front of by cold calling, my advice is publish.

You could also write a paper for the SAE and present at one of their fine events, that would also get you noticed.

Hope this helps.

Geoff

4. s.weinberg

s.weinberg Well-Known Member

MBA motorsport gave you sound advice, but if you're really set on contacting a higher-up at a major company, though they will probably simply ignore you, you can probably either get the email format of the company in general (eg. firstname.lastname@companyname.com or whatever) and just fill in the name in question, or call up the company and ask for them/ select their name from the automated service.

5. PierArg

PierArg Well-Known Member

I agree with MBA motorsport!
      I believe you need to improve your patent "security" first.
      Protecting your idea must be the first important step.

If your idea will result interesting, it will not be so difficult for big automotive Companies to "copy" that.

You can try to find people that matter on Linkedin. Many Managers have a linkedin account.

EDIT: i've just realized this thread is 2 years old:p

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013