• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Help indentyfing a certain form of weld???

Discussion in 'Joining & fabrication' started by deeeXx, Mar 15, 2011.

1. deeeXx

deeeXx New Member

Hey Guys,
      I am a student and have recently been working on a new project, however my design requires me to join two metals using a weld and as welding is new to me, I am unsure what type is required.

I do own a product that actually has the same weld i need for my design, i have attached Jpegs of it below, would be very grateful if somebody could identify for me what form of weld this is??? I want to say its either a Seam weld or a single - j butt weld, but then again I'm probably wrong.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. LinkedIn Gopher

LinkedIn Gopher Little furry chap

That is an a2 fillet weld (or if it is bigger, then it is an a2.5 or a3 fillet weld)

Source

4. LinkedIn Gopher

LinkedIn Gopher Little furry chap

5. proinwv

proinwv Member

The image is not too clear, and black is difficult to photograph, but from what I see you have a fillet weld.

You should be able to search the internet and find a description of various welds. As to what is appropriate, you need to do a stress analysis to determine the amount of weld material required to safely carry the loading.