• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Help or advice on how to manufacture this product?

Discussion in 'Suggest a forum topic' started by productdesignchris, Apr 4, 2019.

1. productdesignchris

productdesignchris New Member

The photo is my previously designed concept: the idea is you drop metal ball down the slide (a conical spiral) and the ball is collected in the tray at the bottom. Its designed to be able to be placed in the corner of the average office desk (e.g. its a office desk marble run).

My question is: what process will I use to manufacture the spiral slide and what can I make it out of?

Ideally, I'd like to have it to have a fairly clean aesthetic look (e.g not just bend some PVC pipe) as its going to marketed as a nice ornament to have on your desk. I'm not too worried about the supports or the base but creating the conical spiral slide shape is giving me a lot of grief. I know I can 3D print the shape (as I have a model) but I don't think this is the most cost effective strategy and I have to produce a document of how much it will cost etc. Should I adapt the design slightly to make it easier to make? If so how should I do this?

Can I CNC mill the shape out of wood or metal? Can I injection mould it out of plastic? Can I use a set up like this ( ) and just using half a pipe? Could I set up a wood turning rig?

3d print small file.JPG fusion render small file.JPG render of desk toy.JPG

3. Realspell

Realspell Member

My name is Ben. Am here to testify of this great love spell caster called dr.wadada. When my gf left me i became so confused and devastated, but this great spell caster solved my problem just within 24hours. He helped me cast a return love spell on her and just within 24hours my gf came back to me begging me to accept him back.If you need your ex back asap then contact this great man immediately via email,[email protected]
      Call/WhatsApp: +2347054656766
      Email: [email protected]

4. Realspell

Realspell Member

DO YOU NEED AN INSTANT DEATH SPELL THAT TRULY WORKS? THEN CONTACT THIS MASTER OF DEATH SPELL CASTING CALLED "DR. INSTANT DEATH" WHO HELPED ME CAST A DEATH SPELL ON MY WICKED AND HEARTLESS EX HUSBAND AND JUST WITHIN TWO DAYS THE BASTARD WAS ACTUALLY DEAD. IF YOU ALSO NEED THE HELP OF THIS GREAT MAN THEN
      CONTACT HIM NOW VIA HIS EMAIL ADDRESS, Call/WhatsApp: +2347054656766
      Email: [email protected] or [email protected]

5. Realspell

Realspell Member

Me and my boyfriend were together for 8 months & its been 6 months since we separated. I still love him, but some how feel its unfair. Why love someone who ovb doesnt love you back? Ive prayed & prayed for these months & nothing. He is still with his new girlfriend(whom he lives with) but it doesn't mean I have to look for help The first weeks after the break up I was in my knees praying looking for help, them i fine a comment online how a spell caster help to restored relationship get ex lover back, ” so i decided to give a try coz i love my boyfriend so much. so i contacted [email protected] and told him all my problem and he gave me 100%guarantee that i will have my boyfriend back after the spell so i was gifted and lucky to have contacted him i did everything he asked of me and to my greatest surprise a day after the spell, my boyfriend called me and apologized for what he did to me and ask for my forgiveness to come back home for me, I got really hurt & go through those moments in which he left me, after all [email protected] did for me, i forgave him and he came back home with more love and happiness all thanks to [email protected] the real Africa spell caster so far google recommended this year.. So plz, if you need any help contact him too on this. You will see in conclusion you have to just trust the process, [email protected] is a good real spell caster :[email protected]

6. s.weinberg

s.weinberg Well-Known Member EngineeringClicks Expert

Similar products I've seen (generally toy garages - but there are similar marble runs out there: one google hit -

are made from multiple pieces that snap together.

It would probably take some work to get right, but you might also be able to make this from a long plastic strip that is heated and bent to form the final shape. Or some kind of winding process from a malleable metal similar to how large springs are made?