• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Help regarding master's thesis topic

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by hs125, Jun 8, 2011.

1. hs125

hs125 New Member

hello all,

i m new at this forum.first let me introduce myself, i m a fresh mechanical engineer .my areas of interest are computational mechanics, structural analysis, fluid mechanics.
      i need advices/suggestions/help from u ppl's side to find out a latest and compatible topic in mechanical engineering to write my research proposal. as i have gone through many posts of this forum and i found a number of experienced mechanical design engineers sharing their experiences, suggesting guidance .so i also posted my topic.please please help me out
      looking forward !!!!!!!

thanks in advance

3. hs125

hs125 New Member

m shocked to see that 123 ppl (till yet) have seen my query ,but not even a single one did reply

:cry:

please help me out!!!!!!!!!!!

4. AdamW

AdamW Member

So you graduated B.Eng? What did you do in your final year project?

5. toler-fes

toler-fes Member

I think you need to be more descriptive. Computational mechanics - does that mean finite element alalysis or are you interested in theoretical derivations, such as calculating a stress concentration factor?

Your request for a research topic is probably too wide open to generate suggestions. You should be looking for a topic that combines all of your areas of interest into the same project. It should also be potentially relevant to employers or companies interested in paying for research. If you have any experience that you can rely on to investigate topics of interest, start there. For example, I would have jumped at the chance to work on an engine project, like a kinematic stress analysis of a novel engine geometry. If you have any general ideas, start reading articles and thesis papers on that topic looking for statements on the need for additional research in some area. Also look for areas in which researchers have made assumptions or tried things that did not work out. These may give you ideas. Ask professors for any requests they have received from industry to research specific topics. Ask people to provide you with real application problems they have encountered where they think additional research is needed.

Good luck,

Dave

6. KevinC

KevinC Well-Known Member

There are just a lot of topics in mechanical engineering. Especially with the fact that Mechanical Engineering is so broad. I think you should start from your interest. What are you interested the most. Asking others to persuade you to have interest onto a topic is hard. Starting from yourself and narrow down a little will definitely help.

7. hs125

hs125 New Member

@AdamW

yeah...i did work on fluidized bed combustion boiler ...

@ all friends who did reply

as i have told that i did project on fluidized bed combustion boiler..it was based on heat transfer calculations etc...but now i m no more interested in such area as i m doing job in CAE (computer aided engineering). dealing with structural analysis.now i wand to pursue in CFD or CAE.

so please guide me in above mentioned areas

thnx in advance