• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Help with Vehicle Supension Design

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by afidget, Oct 27, 2012.

1. afidget

afidget New Member

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction as far as reference texts or other material for the analysis and design of vehicle suspensions.

I have a project truck that I'm working on and want to make sure that I'm taking all pertinent forces and factors into consideration with the design of some replacement control arms.

If there's any additional information someone can recommend on chassis design and suspension analysis that would be a bonus.

Thanks,

AJ

3. Auto Engineer

Auto Engineer Active Member

Hi AJ

I am not completely sure what you are looking for, but this book is full of vehicle dynamics for vehicles systems.

ISBN 0750651121

4. robaus

robaus New Member

5. afidget

afidget New Member

I wanted to say thank you to all of you for your posts so far. Auto Engineer thanks for the book recommendation, I was able to preview it on Google and it looks quite interesting and suitable for the analysis that I'm trying to perform. Romanaadams12 the PDF looks very helpful and insightful as well because it seems to include considerations for damping. I was able to look at the Autodesk vids too and they look helpful also.

If you have anything else you can recommend I'll take the info also.

-AJ