• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Hey From NC

Discussion in 'Pop in and say hello!' started by JC_Biggs, Jan 20, 2011.

1. JC_Biggs

JC_Biggs Active Member

Hey guys, MY name is JC. I'm a student in Mechanical Engineering Technology. Plan on going to NC state for my 4 year, or move to Houston and go somewhere there. I got into the field from a need to create parts for my race bike. I needed anadvantage and making my own parts was it. I Also do freelance design work, write tool path coding and a few other things. My ultimate goal is to have a Production Manufacturing Solution company. Where we do everything from CAD drawings to Writing machine code and optimizing harmonics, helping pick and analyze materials, installing robots, prototyping, production flow analysis, and of course find time to make/try my own designs and ideas. and also id like to one day get big enough to do Materials Reasearch, and offer certifications. (30 year plan hear guys lol) anyways, that's why I got into it, and what I wanna do... (I need a job btw to in case anyone is looking) :D
      take it easy guys.
      JC

3. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

Sounds great - I wish you the best of luck with everything. I hope you'll find plenty here to both inspire you & help you on your mission!

Welcome to the Mechanical Design Forum JC.

4. JC_Biggs

JC_Biggs Active Member

thanks alot.. cool site btw! ... just outta curiosity, is there a user setting to turn the background black? or a darker color easier on the eyes?

5. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

Thanks!

Regarding the background, what you see is currently the default. There's no user settings to change the colour scheme, but I'm hoping to come up with a new forum template soon and it's likely to be slightly darker anyway.